Saturday, March 8, 2008

*My Life*

For me to begin to explain "the life"... "this life"... "my life"...
--You have to really listen.

Here I am, looking out of a window...
--Seeing the skyline of a city I used to know.

It's amazing how beautiful and lively things look from the 19th floor...
--Revisiting, reflecting, and remembering each era of my life.

Seeing how a simple caterpillar transformed--into a beautiful black butterfly!

Transformation --> means change --> change is a process of evolution.
--These things have brought on a sense of new found freedom, happiness, and love.

At the same time I find myself almost having to reintroduce myself to the people closest to me.
--Because my feelings have changed, my language has changed, my attitude has changed, and my attractions have changed.

This influences my taste in music, my style of dress, and even my tone of voice.

Apart of me is afraid...
--Afraid of not only what will be lost, but will be gained.

How do I explain? Or better yet... Why should I explain--the colored girl who considered suicide when the rainbow was enough?
--Who understands her... who is there for her... and who will ride for her?

Now I can hear voices...
--Voices of the past, present, and future.

Reminiscing about the music of the heart...
--Like how the one from Philly made me want to leave the one I was with;
--Then there was Ghost, who couldn't wait another minute;
--The one in DC had loved me without shame;
--There was Shadow, the one I never knew what hurt 'em--I just wanted to make it right;
--But yo, now the one with the sexy ass dimple has me saying "yes", while riding waves that take me to a place where my emotions flow free!!!

Each of them brought something different into my life...
--Leaving me with something special.

Even though I may not lead the type of lifestyle, that makes everyone else comfortable...
--My love dreams in color... and I life my life independently free.

(April - July 2004)


No comments: