Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday News...

Today I got a phone call from Becca (the head of HR at Achievement First)... She said that she heard I had an awesome phone conference over the weekend with Sharleen... This was definitely a long process... First I sent in a cover letter along with my resume... then I was asked to complete a written essay form application which was about 8 pages... then I had a phone interview with Becca and someone else, that was like an hour... then I had a face-to-face interview that was from 10:00am to 2:30pm... at that interview I was able to observe classes, meet teachers, staff, and administrators... The next step was followed by an hour phone conference with one of their deans... Becca also went on to tell me how excited they all were about me, which makes me excited... and she asked me to let my references know she would be calling within the next few days... I know I keep saying this to every and anyone who will listen to me--but I want this job... If I knew how--I might have done cartwheels across my office and in the hallway after I got the message... Of course I called and sent text messages to all of my references--so I can keep the process moving in a timely fashion... At the moment I feel a lot of optimism... this is my next chance to make my mark... I just need to stay focused and keep moving...

No comments: